Teens & Young Adults
The teenage and young adult years are a period of immense growth and transformation, but they also come with unique challenges.
I have always taken a keen interest in youth and young adult issues. I’ve been there, so I know what it’s like to struggle at school, confront career choices, navigate friendships and give the illusion that it’s all going swimmingly!
Under the surface, though, there is so much going on. And the hardest part is that parents feel like they are being pushed away – when in actual fact, teens and young adults are going through a normal period of growth and development…it just feels really sudden!
Many of the common issues young people face I work with including:
- Supporting Mental Health, including depression and anxiety
- Addressing Substance Misuse
- Navigate Peer Pressure and Bullying
- Managing Academic Pressure at School or University
- Worries and Anxiety About Career and the Future
- Relationship Issues with Peers, Friends and Family
I find it essential to include the family as much as possible, whilst maintaining strict confidentiality with the young person and their experience.
Together, we can help your teenager navigate the complexities of this transformative phase, fostering their mental health, personal growth, and overall well-being.